Sunday 21 July 2013

RINGO STARR AND HIS THIRD ALL STARR BAND. VOLUME 1




RINGO STARR AND THIS THIRD ALL STARR BAND. VOLUME 1 : I can't believe I found this at a flea markets and at the ridiculously low price of $5.00 which goes to show the stage that Ringo Starr have deteriorated to over the years, which is very sad indeed for Beatles fans like me. This concert was recorded live in Nippon, Budokan, Japan in 1995 but was only released in 1997.

Don't Go Where The Road Don't Go : ( Starkey / Warman / Grainger )  : Ringo - With nary an introduction, the band get off to a tight start on his hit song 'Don't Go Where The Road Don't Go' from his then latest rather well received but still doesn't sell respectably enough for a Beatle album, "Time Takes Time."

I Wanna Be Your Man ( Lennon / McCartney ) : Ringo - Ringo gave quite an energetic performance on this old Beatles classic that he first sang on their second album "With The Beatles."

It Don't Come Easy ( Starkey ) : Ringo - One of my all time favourite Ringo Starr's solo single, this one is not much different concert performance except here the sound is crystal clear without the noises from the audiences.

Locomotion ( Goffin / King ) : Mark FarnerYou just can't go wrong with this song.and the former lead singer from Grand Funk Railroad scored with this then and he didn't do too badly here too.

Nothin' From Nothin' (  Fisher / Preston / Puckett ) : Billy Preston, who use to play with The Beatles did a wonder piano intro on this fairly uptempo number.


No Sugar Tonight ( Cummings / Bachman ) : Randy Bachman - I've heard this from way back but strangely the tune doesn't ring any bells with me but I enjoyed this nevertheless.

People Gotta Be Free ( Cavaliere / Brigati ) Felix Cavaliere - First time I am hearing this and I think I can tolerate it. I haven't heard  any songs by The Rascals but this solo but this one time member is passable.


Boris The Spider ( Entwistle ) : John Entwisle - The Who's bassist's turn to shine on this self composition. I was not too keen on The Who too but I am at least not pressing the skip button on this. This track was from the 60's and I have the song but strangely this was the first time I've heard this.

Boys ( Dixton / Farrell ) : Ringo -  I never quite like this when Ringo sings it with The Beatles but here it sounded so much more spontaneous and joyful.


You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet ( Bachman ) : Randy Bachman - I've always like this fun number and this new live version sounds almost the same as the original studio version.

You're 16 ( Sherman / Sherman )  Ringo - This is a more restrained version as compared to his other version but no less enjoyable.


Yellow Submarine ( Lennon / McCartney ) : Ringo - Now this is a change. On my other Ringo's live Cd, he usually closes with 'With A Little Help From My Friends' but this time he did it with 'Yellow Submarine' Naturally the crowds all joined at the invitation by Ringo. A nice alternate closer.


DOP " 21st July 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment