Friday 26 July 2013

PHOTOGRAPH : THE VERY BEST OF RINGO STARR


PHOTOGRAPH : THE VERY BEST OF RINGO STARR : I could never take Ringo Starr at full dose, especially all those studio albums that he keeps putting out. But there was a time during the early 70's when The Beatles first broke up, Ringo was top dog. His singles are joyful and fun to listen to. Looking at the list of songs here, it's very impressive indeed. Matter of fact, I enjoyed his singles more than George Harrison who more often than, though good, sounded sad and moody. I wanted to get this quite some time but decided against it 'cos I have almost all the songs here. When an opportunity presented itself, I got my Beatle pal to buy this for me as a sort of exchange for a favour that I've done for him.


Photograph ( Starkey / Harrison ) : Refers to "Ringo" album.

It Don't Come Easy ( Starkey ) : Refers to "Ringo" album.

You're Sixteen [ You're Beautiful And You're Mine ] ( Sherman / Sherman ) : Refers to "Ringo" album.

Back Off Boogaloo ( Starkey ) : Refers to " Goodnight Vienna" album.

I'm The Greatest ( Lennon ) : Refers to "Ringo" album.

Oh, My My ( Poncia / Starkey ) : Refers to "Ringo" album.

Only You [ And You Alone ] ( Ram / Rand ) : Refers to "Goodnight Vienna" album.

Beaucoups Of Blues ( Rabin ) : Refers to "Beaucoups Of Blues" album.

Early 1970 ( Starkey ) : Refers to "Ringo" album.

Snookeroo ( John / Taupin ) : Refers to "Goodnight Vienna" album.

No No Song ( Axton / Jackson ) : Refers to "Goodnight Vienna" album.

[ It's All Down To ] Goodnight Vienna ( Lennon ) : Refers to "Goodnight Vienna" album.

Hey Baby ( Cobb / Channel ) : Refers to "Ringo's Rotogravure" album.

A Dose Of Rock 'n' Roll ( Groszman ) : Refers to "Ringo's Rotogravure" album.

Weight Of The World ( O'Doherty / Velez ) : Refers to "Time Takes Time" album.

King Of Broken Heart ( Dudas / Grakal / Hudson / Starkey ) : Refers to "Vertical Man" album.

Never Without You ( Starkey / Hudson / Nicholson ) : Refers to "Ringorama" album.

Act Naturally ( Russell / Morrison ) - duet with Buck Owens : A country remake of this track Ringo first sang as a Beatle on the "Help" album way back in 1965. Of the two version, although this is good, I think I still prefer the one that I first heard done by The Beatles. Maybe I am sentimental but that's me.

Wrack My Brain ( Harrison ) : I have this originally on the "Stop And Smell The Roses" album but somehow the Cd seems to evade me. Been searching for it for years. Not as good as those Harrison penned songs that he gave to Ringo but this is pleasant enough.

Fading In And Fading Out ( Starkey / Hudson / Burr ) : From the "Choose Love" album which I missed buying when it first came out. It not in existence anymore and I am still kicking myself for not getting the Cd when I have my chance. Not a bad track at all.

DOP : 20th September 201

No comments:

Post a Comment