Tuesday 25 June 2013

BAD BOY



BAD BOY : Before this album, there was "Ringo The 4th" which I have on vinyl but not on Cd. On "Ringo The 4th," which was generally considered his worst album. I still managed to find some solace on some of the song but by the time this album came out, my interest in Ringo Starr have waned considerable. The novelty of being in the greatest band on earth has worn off and the fact that Ringo's albums is getting from bad to worst doesn't help either. Ringo is beginning to be both an embarrassment and a joke. I find it a real torture to listen to his album. I buy his albums more as a decorative piece than to listen to it. I found this Cd in a flea market. I would never in my right frame of mind buy it in its original form. After listening to this album again, I find it's not really as bad as I've always thought it would be. If I have got this album when it first came out, I would approach it like visiting an old friends but as it is, this was like a new Cd to me. Ringo's bad reputation over the years seems to have over shadow the music that he is making. Some of them could be good but his reputation tends to make people stay away. Sad but true.

Who Needs A Heart ( Poncia / Starkey ) : As a starter, this is not bad track at all. I even find it enjoyable.

Bad Boy ( Armstrong / Long ) : A strange track this with Ringo's singing echoing over the title. Quite good too. Being the title track, it shouldn't be bad and it doesn't..

Lipstick Traces [ On A Cigarette ] ( Neville ) : Hey, this is a great rocking track. Dynamic horn and a refreshing piano solo with great backing. Maybe I have been too hard on Ringo.

Heart On My Sleeve ( Gallagher / Lyle ) : A sentimental song with nick backing again. Not as bad as I've initially thought.

Where Did Our Love Go ( Holland / Dozier / Holland ) : This classic have being covered by many artists of note. Ringo's version is one of the better one I would say. I say he have great advice on the choice of materials for this album.

Hard Times ( Skellern ) : The intro to this track had me converted already. A great solid track with great vocal by Ringo.

Tonight ( McLagan / Pidgeon ) : Who could have thought Ringo have it in him to pull off such a beautiful vocal.

Monkey See - Monkey Do ( Franks ) : An average track but not necessarily bad. Just not memorable.

Old Time Relovin' ( Poncia / Starkey ) : A slow number and yet another fine vocal from this drummer. At least he doesn't make me want to cringe but the overly long fade out could have been shorter.

A Man Like Me ( O' Lachainn ) : Somehow I am more tolerable of Ringo here and this track is no exception. It's started out quite promising but grew monotorous towards the end. Overall the album is not too bad
but for some reasons I won't be playing this Cd anytime soon either.

DOP : 21th March 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment